Monday, November 8, 2010

Amazing Cats!

I’ve lived with many different cats through out my life, and they’ve done some strange and outstanding things, but nothing quite like the ones we now have. These two are quite a pair, together and individually.

Hunter, our large grey and black striped male, has decided that it is his job to let us know when the phone is ringing, as if we are not aware of this contraption and the noise it makes. When the phone rings, he jumps up to where I keep it in my home office on an old desk next to where I write. He then continues to circle the phone, meowing until I answer it. Job done, he jumps down and goes about his business.

Recently, when I was out of the office, the phone continued to ring and ring and then stopped before I had a chance to return. When I came back, I found that Hunter had not only jumped up to where the phone was madly ringing, but he had decided to answer it for me as well. There sat the receiver off the hook lying next to the phone. (I keep a corded phone in my office as it works much better near my computer.) This has happened several times since, to the point where I’ve had to place the phone in the top drawer of the old desk to keep it from his “helping paws”. So far he has left it alone, at least until he figures out how to open drawers that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment